3 Weight Loss Meal Plans that Can Save You Time & Money
We have all come across meal prep videos on social media and YouTube. While they look enticing, many people feel that it is a lot of trouble to go into. However, that is a very common misunderstanding people harbour against meal prepping.
Advance prepping and planning will ensure that you eat proper meals throughout the week.
If you aim to lose weight, a balanced meal plan comprising simple yet nutritious recipes will help you achieve your goal. Weight loss meals will help you track what you are eating to meet your nutrition goal.
Contrary to the belief, meal prep does not necessarily have to be time-consuming or complicated. You have to follow a few basic steps.
- Get your basic meal ingredients ready,
- Make a grocery list and shop strategically,
- Follow a systematic method to prepare and store the food for a whole week.
Weight Loss Meal Prep That Will Help You Save Money and Time
This article will explore three easy weight loss meal preps you can easily make in your kitchen.
Rice with Chickpea and Spinach Curry on the Side
A flavour and nutrient-rich recipe where boiled chickpeas and spinach are stewed in curry sauce and served with a helping of rice. To make the creamy, rich sauce, you will need coconut milk and crushed tomatoes. If you are not a fan of spice, skip the cayenne pepper happily and opt for a milder spice that suits your palate. This recipe is best suited for dinner time.
- Yellow onion – 1
- Minced garlic – 1.5 tbsp
- Minced ginger – 1.5 tbsp
- Curry powder – 1.5 tbsp
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Cumin – 1 ¾ tsp
- Cayenne powder – ½ tsp
- Canned or boiled chickpeas – 1 ¾ cups
- Crushed tomatoes – 1 ⅓ cups
- Dry brown rice – 1 cup
- Spinach – 6 cups
- Full fat coconut milk 1 cup
How To Make The Recipe?
- Chop the onion coarsely and keep it aside with the minced ginger and garlic. Take a pan or medium skillet and heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, ginger, and garlic to the pan and saute for 4 minutes till fragrant.
- Next, add salt, cumin powder, cayenne, and curry powder to the pan and combine them for a couple of minutes.
- Add chickpeas, crushed tomatoes, and spinach to the pan. Cook till they are heated throughout. Once done, remove the pan from heat and add the coconut milk to the concoction. Season the curry with pepper and salt.
- Cook the rice in a pot or an instant cooker and serve it piping hot with the chickpea and spinach curry.
Rice and Bean Burritos
Looking for an easy weight loss meal for on-the-go lunches? Rice and bean burritos are an excellent combination of taste and nutrition. Moreover, you can cook this easily, carry it around, or put it in the freezer to eat later.
This is an easy grab-and-go meal and can be customised according to individual dietary requirements.
- Vegetable, pepper, and onion mixture – 8 oz
- 4, 10-inch whole grain wraps
- Pre-cooked brown rice – 2 ⅔ cups
- Refried beans – 1 lb
- Chopped cilantro – ½ cup
- Salsa – ½ cup
Preparing the Recipe
- Lay a whole grain wrap on a flat or large plate and spread the refried beans at the centre.
- Put rice, salsa, and mixed vegetable on top of one another. Sprinkle cilantro on top of the last layer and roll up the burrito tightly.
- You can now store the burrito in the freezer and grab one during lunchtime. Heat it up in a skillet or microwave and enjoy a tasty lunch.
This is an easy-to-cook savoury breakfast with the right amount of fibre, protein, and healthy fats that will keep you fueled till lunchtime. You can use it as a dinner recipe as well.
- Salsa – 3 Cups (You can also use fruit-based salsa or salsa verde for this recipe)
- Chipotle sauce and pepper – 1 ½ tbsp
- Black beans or pinto beans, or kidney beans – 1 cup
- 8, 6-inch tortillas
- Eggs – 4
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Avocado – 1
- Chopped cilantro – ½ cup
How to Make the Meal?
- Finely chop the chipotle pepper and add it to a saucepan with 4 tsp of chipotle sauce, black beans, and salsa. Cook all the ingredients over medium heat until the concoction is bubbling.
- On the other hand, warm up the tortilla wraps on a nonstick skillet and wrap them in foil to keep them warm. In the same skillet, add olive oil to fry the eggs.
- Put the salsa mixture, eggs, cilantro leaves, and sliced avocado on the tortillas and enjoy a tasty breakfast.
Meal planning can be simple and easy, and you do not have to spend your days off work in the kitchen. These easy recipes can be prepared in minutes and serve as excellent weight-loss meals for a whole week.
Comments are closed.